So it might be a little cliche to start with Yosemite, but I am always astounded how many of my fellow Californians have never been to this world renown national park!
I have included a few notes to keep in mind if your going here:
- Yosemite draws almost 4 million people a year and many of them during summer months. But it really should be noted that the park is beautiful year round. My favorite time to go is in the “Off Season”. You can really enjoy the serene beauty the way John Muir and other nature enthusiasts did decades ago.
- If you cant go “Off Season” I would recommend a weekday…..avoid the park on summer weekends…
- Staying overnight? There are several campgrounds all over the place with a wide variety of facilities from the most basic to canvas tests and beds all ready ready to go. Check here for more information about Camping.
- If you in the market for something a bit Fancier, Check out the Ahwahnee Hotel. To call this hotel beautiful is a gross understatement. I for one haven’t stayed here yet but it is for sure on my bucket list. For more info and availability click here
- Driving up to glacier point is a must. This effort will reward you with one of the most beautiful views the park has to offer. Standing at 7214 feet you will be looking at the valley floor thousands feet below and out across to the back high country of the Sierra Nevada mountain range.